HES Specialist - Occupational Hygiene
Posted: 17th February 2017
Chevron is one of the world's leading integrated energy companies. Offering some of the most dynamic career opportunities in the industry, Chevron Australia – headquartered in Perth – leads the development of the Gorgon and Wheatstone natural gas projects, and manages world-class operations and exploration activities.
Chevron Australia has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Health, Environment, Safety (HES) Specialist – Occupational Hygiene to join the Health and Safety team. Reporting to the Team Lead, Managing Safe Work (MSW), this 12-month maximum term role will be based in Perth with regular travel to Barrow Island, Onslow or offshore facilities.
Key responsibilities include:
• Participate in the development and implementation of Chevron Australia’s occupational hygiene and hazardous communication plans to ensure the effective management of occupational hygiene and health related risks across our operations
• Ensure legislative requirements relative to occupational hygiene and health hazards are being met
• Provide subject matter expert (SME) advice, consultation and support to the business in relation to current and emerging occupational hygiene issues, legislation, regulations corporate occupational exposure standards and industry trends
• Participate in occupational hygiene exposure health risk assessments and undertake occupational hygiene exposure monitoring as required in support of business needs
• Review operations and project HES management plans and associated documentation to ensure a consistent, risk-based approach across the business in the area of expertise
• Commitment to health, environment and safety and Chevron best practices
Key skills and experience required:
• Certified Industrial Hygienist (CIH) or Certified Occupational Hygienist (COH) or eligibility for certification under Australian Institute of Occupational Hygiene (AIOH) criteria
• Eligibility for COH requires 5 years occupational/industrial hygiene experience and a degree in a quantitative science such as engineering, science, hygiene or toxicology
• Previous experience in the oil and gas / LNG industry would be advantageous
• Flexibility and willing to undertake regular travel to Barrow Island, Onslow or offshore facilities as required, which is estimated to be once a month
• Demonstrated ability to identify and build key relationships that contribute to high-class business results
• Demonstrated commitment to Chevron’s values of integrity, partnership and trust and achieving and incident and injury free workplace
In return for these skills, attributes and experience, Chevron Australia will reward you with an exciting role, a competitive salary and a fantastic opportunity to develop your career with one of the world’s leading integrated energy companies. Chevron is proudly recognised as an employer of choice, guided by a vision of diversity and committed to equal employment opportunity.
Position Close Date: Sunday 26 February 2017, 3pm WST
To apply, click on the following link: