• Course conducted for over 15 years and successfully trained over 1000 students from across Australasia.
• Course is based on the internationally approved OHTA W201 Foundation Level Basic Principles in Occupational Hygiene course outlining the broad principles of Occupational Hygiene as the basis for anticipation, recognition, evaluation and control of hazards that can be encountered in the workplace.
• Course is taught using multimedia by professional, trained, practicing occupational hygienists, who are Members of AIOH, which is the pinnacle of the profession in Australia.
• To provide a practical understanding of occupational hygiene for people who need to manage or advise on workplace health issues.
• To provide a foundation from which to undertake more in-depth study in individual occupational hygiene subjects.
• To inform and enthuse students about the contribution of occupational hygiene to worker health.
Introduction to Occupational Hygiene, Human physiology, Fundamentals of Toxicology, Examples of Hazardous Substances/Processes, Assessment of Health Risks, Measurement of airborne contaminants, Hygiene Standards and Occupational Exposure Limits, Biological monitoring and Health Surveillance, General Approaches to the Control of Risk to health, Ventilation, Asbestos, Biological Hazards, Noise, Vibration, Thermal Environment, Lighting and Non Ionizing Radiation, Ionizing Radiation, Introduction to Ergonomics, Display Screen Equipment, Human Factors, Stress Management, Careers in Occupational Hygiene.
At the completion of the course the attendees will be provided with a certificate of attendance issued by the AIOH. The course examinations will be returned to the BOHS for marking and issue of the of the W201 award for successful completion.
27 Nov - 1 Dec | Crown Convention Centre, Perth | SOLD OUT
If you would like to add your name to a waitlist incase of cancellations, please email email@example.com